Running a successful business online isn’t easy. You have to find ways to get your products or services in front of people, and that takes time and know-how. However, there are a few tools that are not only FUN to use but can also help you to tap into the growing market of the Millennial generation.
One of those tools is Pinterest. I’m here to tell you that if you’re not using Pinterest for your business, you’re missing out.
Before we go on, let’s clarify a few things:
- You don’t HAVE to have a website for Pinterest to work in your favor. It’s helpful, but not necessary! You just need to have great images and somewhere for people to shop your products, like an Etsy shop or even a Facebook Page.
- Pinterest is NOT a social media platform. It’s a search engine. A very colorful, fun, visual search engine. And search results from Pinterest can also show up in Google Search…how cool is that?
- You don’t have to spend all day every day pinning in order to succeed on Pinterest. There are some amazing shortcuts you can take that will have you showing up in the top searches in no time!
Pinterest is one of the most powerful tools available to small business owners. With over 200 million active monthly users, you’re guaranteed to reach your ideal client on Pinterest.
According to recent research, 87% of Pinterest users have purchased something because they looked for it on Pinterest or saw it as they were scrolling. Talk about influence! If your ideal clients are active shoppers, you NEED to be using Pinterest to get your products in front of them.
What can Pinterest do for you?
- Boost your web traffic. If you have a website or any kind of landing page that you are driving traffic to, using Pinterest effectively will increase your traffic.
- Help you grow your Social Media!
- Attract higher-paying clients and customers.
- Grow your email list.
- Help you stand out in the crowd.
- Grow your business WITHOUT using ads!
- Detailed analytics to help you understand how your followers think.
Pinterest isn’t just the fun platform where people plan unrealistic weddings and expensive trips to Costa Rica. No, Pinterest is where people look for recipes, plan their home décor, and shop for new outfits. It’s an every day planning tool and search engine.
There are more than 75 billion ideas on Pinterest, and you can be one of the businesses that show people how to accomplish their ideas!
To do this, you need to have some strategy. Just jumping on and pinning everywhere isn’t the strategy you need. In fact, using Pinterest should be an important part of your marketing strategy!
What Should You Pin?
Your pins should be helpful, pretty, and actionable. This means that the image you use for your pin needs to show a solution to a problem (helpful), be eye-catching (pretty), and have a call to action that leads someone to take the action you desire (actionable).
Here are a few examples for different businesses:
- LulaRoe: You should be creating pins with outfit ideas that link to your shopping group. You should also be pinning items for sale as buyable pins.
- Essential Oils: Create pins with blend recipes, ideas for green cleaning, and ways to use essential oils every day. Make sure your pins lead to either your business page, or some other place an interested buyer can purchase!
- Blogger: Create pins that showcase what you blog about and that link back to your blog posts.
- Interior Designer: You should be creating pins for your favorite design styles, including idea boards and color pallets. Link back to your website!
- Make-Up: Create pins for make-up tutorials, skin care routines, and day-time/evening looks.
Are your creative juices flowing yet? It doesn’t matter what you sell or do, you will find someone who is looking to buy on Pinterest! Real Estate, Social Media Marketing, Coffee Connoisseur…You’ll find your people on Pinterest.Everything you pin needs to fit into a core content model. Figure out what your audience cares about, and then show the value that your business provides in every single pin.Click To Tweet
Ready to Learn More?
We just released a brand new #ThinkSocial Course!! This course, Pinterest 101: Mastering Pinterest for Business, will give you ALL the tools you need to start pinning with confidence.
Mackenzie Mader teaches the #ThinkSocial community her amazing insider tips and tricks in this powerful course. You’ll learn how to set up your Pinterest account for business, how to optimize, how to use keywords, and so much more!
Plus, be the FIRST to grab our soon-to-be-released Pinterest Power Up Tailwind Course at a huge discount, which won’t be released to the general public until mid-June!
I do not have a website of my own. I am an Avon Representative in Canada.
Every Rep has an eStore on Avon site where people can shop with them I can also placed myl link on my Social Media Profiles. I do not run pay ads because I can’t afford to pay for them. I am not making enough money.
I am trying hard to get new customers or buyers but it is very difficult.